Ron W. Kirkwood, DO, FAAFP
Dr. Ron Kirkwood is a native of Pasadena and graduated from Sam Rayburn High School. After serving in the U.S. Navy as a Navy photographer, he earned his B.S. degree from Rochester Institute of Technology in Rochester, New York. He then attended medical school at North Texas State University Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine. After receiving his D.O. degree, he completed a Family Practice residency at Scott and White Memorial Hospital in Temple, Texas through Texas A&M University College of Medicine, serving his last year of residency as the chief resident.
Dr. Ron served in the U.S. Army Reserves as a Captain in the Medical Corp. He is a Certified Medical Review Officer, a designated doctor for the state of Texas and on the approved doctor list for the Texas Department of Worker's Compensation. He is a Senior Aviation Medical Examiner performing Class I, II, and III flight physicals.
He presently serves as an Associate Professor in the Family Practice Department for both The University of Texas Medical School in Houston and Baylor College of Medicine.
He is affiliated with Bayshore Medical Center.
Dr. Ron is married with two children. During his time off Dr. Ron enjoys playing golf, hunting, taking pictures and playing the guitar. Dr. Ron is a private pilot.
- American Board of Family Medicine
- Designated Doctor State of Texas
- Approved Doctor for Texas Workers' Compensation Commission
- FAA Aviation Medical Examiner
Memberships & Associations
- Fellow, American Academy of Family Practice
- Texas Medical Association
- Harris County Medical Association
- Texas Academy of Family Physicians
- American Medical Association
Honors & Awards
- Graduated with Honors, Rochester Institute of Technology
- Chief Resident Scott & White Memorial Hospital Family Practice
- Diplomate of the American Academy of Family Practice
- Chief of Family Practice Bayshore Hospital - 2000